- FIFA-certified turf with lighting and stadium seating for 2,500
- 400 m, eight-lane outdoor track
- Jump area (high jump, long jump, triple jump)
- Throws area (javelin, shot put, discuss)
- Pole vault and steeple chase areas
- Electronic scoreboard
- Grass soccer fields (2)
- Taping rooms
- Press/officials’ room
- Parking: free
Island green space with baseball & soccer fields, a 3-km. loop path along the river & a skate park.
- Baseball diamonds (12)
- Bike paths
- Boat launch
- Butterfly garden
- Disc Golf
- Lawn bowling
- Norbrock Stadium
- McArthur Island Sport and Event Centre
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Skateboard park
- Soccer fieldhouse
- Soccer fields (9 full-size and 1 mini)
- Walking trails
- Xeriscape garden
The Colombo Lodge was founded in 1914 and was located at 857 Seymour Street. The members bought the location for a mere $500 and all that was there was a barn. With a horse and a hoe, they dug out the dirt under the barn and made a basement. Repairs continued to take place on the old building until it was sold in 1993 for $180,000.
The new building, located at our present address, was built in 1993 and cost the members of the lodge $1,400,000.00. Costs that were well below due to the countless hours of its members who assisted with labour and expertise on the project. The lodge currently has 234 members and the oldest member dates back to 1945, where he was inducted at the age of 23.
The City of Kamloops Tournament Capital Centre is a Gymworks™ Program Community Partner with PacificSpsort Interior BC. Gymworks™ is a growing and essential province-wide program offered by the Canadian Sport Institute (CSI) Pacific and its partner PacificSport Centres. It is a partnership program created between gym facilities and CSI Pacific/PacificSport to provide free services to registered athletes and coaches.
The 135,000 square foot multi-sport facility opened its doors in Kamloops in 2007 and is a world-class sport, recreation, and wellness facility.
The TCC houses:
- Hillside Stadium
- The Canada Games Aquatic Centre
- A 200-metre, six-lane indoor track
- A specially designed jumps and throws area
- 15,000 square feet of gymnastics space at KGTC
- three hardwood courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and other court activities
- 8,000+ square feet of public fitness rooms
- 3,000 square feet of public meeting rooms
- dedicated space for athlete conditioning and training
- Sage Medical Centre, home to orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Ross Outerbridge
- offices for Pacific Sport, and local athletic organizations.
For more information about the TCC, please visit: http://www.tournamentcapital.com/tcc.htm